Founded in Seattle in 2006, n2uitive is the leading platform for recorded statements in the property and casualty insurance market. We have served our market successfully for more than 10 years, and have over 40 major insurers using our platform today. We are integral part of the workflow associated with capturing claims statements, and are in the process of creating the next generation platform, which will leverage conversational analytics.
Ours is a warm working environment, filled with fun people who enjoy each other’s company. We build awesome software, deliver awesome customer service, and support each other’s personal and professional growth.
We value integrity, respect, openness, empathy, and generosity, and we build our team to match these values.
- We have short feedback loops and release as soon as possible.
- We have a flat organization. We welcome and celebrate creativity and individual contributions.
- We build connections through conversation, but keep the arcade machine fired up just in case.
All positions are permanent or contract-to-permanent, located in Seattle, WA, unless otherwise stated.
Are you a sharp developer who knows how to write maintainable code? Do you thrive on getting creative, building features, and collaborating to solve real problems for honest, hard-working people? We want you to join our team!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
We are looking for an experienced UI designer who preferably has at least some experience with designing a workflow and enterprise-focused website. Candidate will need to be comfortable with evolving UX based on customer feedback (i.e., Lean Agile), yet able to define a look and feel, artifacts, and marketing collateral. Engagement can be 20-40 hours per week for approximately 3-4 months, depending on availability. May lead to ongoing engagement.
Description of Tasks to be Performed
- Create approach for the design tasks and articulate support required from the organization.
- Develop an updated look and feel for N2uitive portal products and the public website, along with a simple color palette to pull together all of our visual assets into a unified identity.
- Create designs for approximately 12 views with some edits to ensure that we support a proper work flow for the next generation product. These will probably evolve, but we need to at least set up the basic complete views for the front end developers. This will include a couple different dashboards, workflow views, detailed recording visualizations, supervisor reporting, user personalization, and other features that may be expanded within views as required.
- Iterate on views to obtain feedback from claims adjusters on optional functionality.
- Designs for about 10 additional views that will include follow-on features, including call setup and management, supervisor reporting, claim analysis across multiple statements, automated transcription, etc.
- Develop new website views that contain updated content and feature placeholders for future capabilities that we anticipate adding, such as blogs, conference attendance, social links, etc.
- Create templates for presentations, collateral, press releases, social sites, and other creatives.
Experience and Expectations
- Experience developing UI for web and mobile delivery, preferably including dashboards and work flows.
- Foundation in UI best practices and non-agency successes with small businesses.
- Ability to quickly perform research and create designs for review, and provide leadership in developing an Information Architecture.
- Bias towards action and a regular tempo of delivering results.
- Understanding of User Experience design for website, mobile, and software tools a plus.
- Based in Seattle at 3rd and University with inspiring views, but possibility for remote work for the right person.
Email your resume to [email protected]